- The New York Court of Appeals’ rejection of both statutory and constitutional challenges alleging that New York laws criminalizing assisted suicide statutes do not and may not apply to medical aid in dying.
- A major amendment to the Uniform Determination of Death Act that clarifies both which medical criteria are authoritative for determining death by neurological criteria and that clinicians do not need family consent to administer brain death tests.
- A statute that requires clinicians to obtain patient or surrogate consent before writing a facility-based DNR order.
- The passage of a new POLST statute in and the material expansion of another.
- An innovative statute that requires default surrogates to gather information about an incapacitated patient’s beliefs, values, and preferences before making a health care decision.
- The passage of another statute directing the creation of an electronic registry for health care directives.
- The passage of statutes in two more states that direct the formation of quality of care and palliative care task forces and that direct health departments to promote both professional and consumer palliative care education.
Home Unlabelled Right to Die - Top Legal Developments 2017
Thursday, September 14, 2017
Load disqus comments
A Coverdell Education Savings Accounts (ESA) is a believe or custodial account designed to assist households pay for education. Just like a ...
I started writing a new column for The ASCO post. My first one is titled "Informed Consent and the Oncologist: Legal Duties to Discus...
Taquisha McKitty is being physiologically sustained at Brampton Civic Hospital (Ontario), even though her attending physician (Omar Hayani) ...
Baltimore has an extended history of asbestos in an expansion of job industries. In the mid Nineteen Seventies, right earlier than the En...
Approximately 55 percentage of mesothelioma patients live longer than 6 months, while roughly 35 percent live longer than three hundred ...
There are over 900 hospitals and scientific facilities inside the U.S. Which provide specialized mesothelioma treatments care to most can...
Workplace and military asbestos publicity in New York has been a severe difficulty. Prolonged asbestos exposure can lead to the improv...
Jersey City, the second one largest city inside the state of New Jersey is a first-rate transportation and commercial distribution middle...
It was a pleasure to be included on this panel , this afternoon, to discuss advance care planning at Kaiser Health News.
Situated alongside the Chesapeake Bay in Anne Arundel County, Annapolis has had a strong presence in the maritime industries for a multit...